1. Clear and sunny but breezy today, some gusts reaching 38mph, and a mostly clear evening are ahead of us, the National Weather Service says. High of 58ºF, and a cool eveningtime low of 35ºF are also on the docket for the day.
2. If you can't wait for Brookline's Open Studios this year, get a preview while the is still running. From 10 a.m. until 7 p.m. today, head into the to catch some of the art they're hanging on the walls from the Open Studios participants.
3. If you picked up a copy of "" when Alice Hoffman came into the , and have been dying to talk it up, then you should check out 's at 11:15 a.m. today. Just call ahead to let them know you're coming: Julie Bolt at 617-879-2589.
4. For folks who love dulcimer music, the is playing your jam this weekend. The runs tonight and tomorrow. They have a free show tonight at 8 p.m. with Lorraine and Bennett. If you want to learn how to play, then tomorrow from 1 to 5 p.m., they're running a workshop for $20.
5. If you're looking for something to do this weekend, don't forget to peruse the events in yesterday's . There happens to be something for everyone--everyone who's into , , or .