1. Please don't shoot the messenger: heavy rain predicted all day (100 percent chance). The National Weather Service has even issued a Flood Watch for the area. Total rainfall of half to three-quarters of an inch. The rain should taper off in the afternoon, at around 1 p.m., and lead to a mostly cloudy evening. High of 59ºF and low of 47ºF.
2. The at 7 p.m. tonight, at . All are welcome to come to the meeting.
3. Those who live near the Arborway and Riverway know a bit about the legacy of ? If you'd like to learn more about the landscape architect who , then head over to with $6 in hand for 7 p.m.
4. Tonight, the Coolidge Corner SouthSide Neighborhood Association, Lawrence Neighborhood Association and the North Brookline Neighborhood Association are all meeting to . At 7 p.m. at the Community Room in 90 Longwood Avenue, the topics will be how neighborhoods can have a better voice, with economic development and quality of life issues.
5. Boston Globe entertainment reporter and writer of the
wildly popular Love Letters column, ," at . Her debut novel has been optioned for a film. The whole thing starts off at 7 p.m. tonight.