1. It's going to be a rainy morning with patchy fog and a high near 67, according to the National Weather Service.
2. , at 1054 Beacon St., is holding today at noon, featuring Brookline resident and textile designer Melanie Anderson's coats, handbags and scarves.
3. is holding at 3:30 p.m. The cost is $13, and the workshop is limited to 12. Bring a child's pair of pants and shirt to wardrobe your scarecrow.
4. Brookline High School's back-to-school night is tonight at 6:30 p.m. You can also by silent ballot, in Dubbs Auditorium.
5. Brookline Booksmith who had written more than a dozen books.