- The humble pencil, in some peoples' hands, turns into a powerful artistic tool. Taryn Wells' pencil portraits will grace the walls at the for an ongoing show which starts today. It's a free exhibit which runs all day, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Over at the , a special morning of stories and song with a . A free morning event for kids under two, and for their parents or caregivers–especially those who are fans of Mother Goose themselves! It begins at 11:15 a.m.
- The today at , for free at 2:30 p.m. The 43-year-old musical troupe has a broad catalog of songs ranging from Broadway hits to folk tunes to golden oldies, all coming from golden pipes.
- If you're a fan of Marina Endicott's "Good to a Fault," or if you think you can catch up on reading quickly, check out the book group tonight at 7 p.m. Leading , Librarian Rosalie Bookston will talk about Endicott's novel about compassion and altruism, which begins with a crash.
- Jamaica Plain's is showing one of Woody Allen's films: . The free showing starts at 6:30 p.m. If you like what you see, Morales is said to be visiting the Boston area next week.