- For those who are concerned, today is Friday the 13th. Avoid anything that could make your luck worse, and check back on Patch later today for .
- The League of Women Voters meets this morning at , 9:30 a.m. Bring your questions, concerns and issues with you for discussion, and pick up a pastry from the shop.
- Karaoke, this morning, . kick out the jams at 10:30 a.m., in a free, and open-to-all event. Call ahead for information or to RSVP, 617-243-9990.
- Massachusetts Judge Nancy Gertner, author of "In Defense of Women: Memoirs of an Unrepentant Advocate," stops by the tonight to talk about what it means to be an unrepentant advocate. Talking about her struggles to succeed, while also working on cases which impacted the rights of other women. The free talk begins at 7 p.m. at the Booksmith.
- hosts another cult classic, the Korean film "Oldboy." In it, a man is wrongly imprisoned for 15 years by a mysterious captor, and then given his freedom under equally mysterious circumstances. He has five days to track find out what happened and get his revenge. The show, a Coolidge @fter Midnite entry, begins at 11:59 p.m., and tickets run $9.