- Today's weather promises to be cloudy with some possible showers, not unlike yesterday. NOAA estimates about a 50% chance of precipitation, for most of the day. Friday night could be about a 60% chance of rain, about a tenth to a quarter-inch of rain.
- Head over to watch the . Sign in at 7 a.m. at the , for the game which starts at 8 a.m. Registration closed on June 3, but there are raffles, contests and other giveaways available on the green.
- Expect some delays during the , which kicks off the Boston Symphony Orchestra's season. This is a 150-mile relay race, and Brookline gets most of the first leg. It kicks off from Symphony Hall at 1 p.m., and takes a route through Brookline that's effectively the in reverse. The route goes down Beacon Street, takes a left onto Chestnut Hill Avenue, and then Commonwealth Avenue past Boston College.
- "The Bostons" a book by is a novel about the first female student at The Goode School, a brilliant black young lady who's caught in the warpath of the headmaster, a man who calls himself "God." At 7 p.m., the hosts Cooke for a book signing.
- Every now and again, a movie comes along with a title that gives you all the information you need about the film. Tonight, Coolidge After Midnite hosts one such film: Hobo with a Shotgun. In a city overrun by crime, the Hobo (Rutger Hauer) realizes that he can clean up the city, but that he must do so with a shotgun. Show starts at 11:59 p.m. at , tickets cost $9. The show is co-presented by the Boston Underground Film Festival.