- Today is the day when the Earth's axis is most inclined toward the Sun. As in, the plant is tilted toward the sun more than any other time of the year. In other words, today is the Summer Solstice. At least, here in the Northern hemisphere--in the Southern, it won't be until Dec 22.
- Today is also Skate Day, sponsored by Orchard Skate in Allston. You can expect to see kids and skaters at. They promise pro appearances, prizes, giveaways and a skate jam. It should be a big day for the local skating community.
- Take . Today, leaving from at 6 p.m., you can join a quick walking tour to celebrate and learn a little more about the Summer solstice. You'll be heading out from Pond Ave & Jamaica Road, and the weather promises to be warm.
- Tonight, at 6:30 p.m., you can catch the beginning of the , if you've always wanted to make hand-crafted wire jewelry. Stop into tonight, and you'll learn about the various tools, techniques and tricks needed to craft simple wire into hand-made wearable art. The course will cost $120, and you should sign up ahead of time on their website.
- The novel "Buried Secrets" is about a private spy, Nick Heller, who has only a short time to rescue a friend's daughter after finding a live camera feed of her trapped and buried alive. Tonight, stop in to meet New York Times Bestselling . The signing starts at 7 p.m. at the .