- begins today. The class takes place at the , and will run you $230 (members get $50 off). In a week, you'll learn to make your own jewelry, and other small metal works. The classes start June 27, July 11, July 18, July 25 and August 22
- The Boston League of Women Voters present a discussion of the , tonight. The event begins at 6 p.m. with a light dinner, and coffee and snacks by . The program moves on to a League meeting and the discussion of the shifting role of Media. The event will be at 633 Centre St, Jamaica Plain.
- A Big Screen Classic, "" is showing tonight at the . The epic musical returns in its original glory, as presented by director Norman Jewison ("In the Heat of the Night," "Moonstruck"). The show starts at 7 p.m. and tickets will run you $9.
- If you are a fan of Alina Simone, there will be a . Ukranian-born singer songwriter Simone is talking about her new book "You Must Go And Win," which talks about her early career, and the rediscovery of her Russian heritage. She'll be at the at 7 p.m.
- Finally, we regret to inform you that two people passed away over the weekend. Human Rights Activist Yelena Bonner and Brookline Fire Alarm Operator Edward Devlin. Bonner's Foundation requests that, in lieu of flowers, a donation be sent to ASF, 7112 Wesley Road, Springfield VA 22150. Devlin's funeral will be held at St Francis de Sales Church in Charlestown at 10 a.m. today.