- Today is Bunker Hill Day, celebrated mostly in neighboring Suffolk County. It commemorates the famous Battle of Bunker Hill (Yes, the one that took place on Breeds Hill). The original battle took place on June 17, 1775.
- If it's after 7:15 a.m. when you read this, you may need to wait until next month for . With a police escort, members of the biking community in Jamaica Plain and surrounding towns and neighborhoods meet up at the (20 South St, Jamaica Plain) and ride to City Hall for breakfast. The ride sets off from the community center at 7 a.m., and passes Hyde Square at 7:15 a.m.
- The Roland Hayes Project begins tonight at 6:30 p.m. This is an Arts recital featuring folks from our neighbors at English High in Jamaica Plain and Newton South. Come and join local musicians, students and faculty of the two schools at . Kids in school are free, entry foradults costs $5.
- We think you're old enough to know about the event tonight at the . At 7 p.m. tonight, head to the 'Smith for a night of stories from authors of the book "." With a foreword by TV's Steve Carrell, the book is a collection of coming-of-age stories by kids in a Roxbury school. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the 826 Center.
- Talking about a slasher flick without making puns on "point" or "cutting edge" is a challenge, but getting to the for their latest entry into the @fter Midnite series is easy. For $9, you can get into which starts at 11:59 p.m. (and if you miss it, there's always tomorrow night's showing of the same).