1. The National Weather Service is predicting a scorcher: peak temperatures 99ºF and hot, partly sunny. The evening will bring a mostly cloudy night and 77ºF lows.
2. As you may recall, the Best Of Readers Choice poll is coming back soon. Come back next week to vote, but also tell your friends and neighbors how much you like the various places in our directory by .
3. Song, stories and challah. That's what you can expect if you head into at, say, 2 p.m. today. If you're there, you'll run into (which you can join, it's free and fun for kids 0-5).
4. Be a summer star, and register for the . Song, dances, and work on an original composition. Their second session started yesterday, the third begins on July 30. For more, head into or call up the today.
5. Learn what "The Mere Weight of Words" is. Two local authors are heading to for . Halston's "Words" is about an estranged father and daughter coming to terms with his Alzheimer's. McDonough's "Habeus Corpus" is a collection of sonnets about famous executions.