Storm Center: Brookline Information Center
This page will be updated throughout the storm. If you see something in town that the public needs to know about, post it here. Brookline Patch is all about connecting people and helping your neighbors. Stay safe Brookline!
Stay up to date with the latest on this Friday/Saturday storm.
4:50 p.m., Feb. 10: Brookline Schools closed Monday, February 11.
1:00 p.m., Feb 9: State Driving Ban Ends at 4 p.m.
11:15 a.m., Feb 9: No mail service today.
8:33 a.m., Feb 9: The driving ban is still in effect and the MBTA is still shut down. Their goal is to have it running by Monday.
11:42 p.m., Feb 8: @NWSBoston were up to 13 inches now in Brookline, MA.
11:15 p.m., Feb. 8: From the Brookline Police Facebook page: "Reps from the Police Department, DPW and Towing Co are at the Brookline Emergency Operations Center monitoring the Blizzard. Currently, there are 85 Town trucks clearing snow and NStar is reporting 10-15 customers without power."
2:37 p.m., Feb. 8: " @BrooklineMAPD: Its official be off the roads by 4PM or be ready to face a fine.DPW on top of the storm. Major roads treated and ready for heavy stuff."
12:54 p.m., Feb 8: A state of emergency has been declared. Gov. Deval Patrick banned vehicle traffic after 4 p.m., which carries a $500 fine and up to a year in prison for being on the roads after that point. Tolls will shut down at 2 p.m..
6 p.m., Feb 7: Brookline announced Brookline Public Schools would be closed on Feb. 8th. "All Brookline Schools will be closed on Friday, February 8, 2013. In addition, all school and system offices will be closed on the 8th," the notice reads.
4:15 p.m., Feb. 7: Town announced a snow emergency. A parking ban will go into effect at 12 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 8 until 6 a.m. Monday, Feb. 11.
The current storm, Feb. 7-9:
- The National Weather Service predictsbetween one and two feet of snow for Boston, with a strong chance of coastal flooding.
- National Weather Service forecast
- Current NWS Storm warnings and advisories: Blizzard Watch
IMPORTANT CLOSED, CANCELED, DELAYS
- The Massachusetts Courthouses and Offices are closed after 3 p.m.
- Brookline Public Schools: CLOSED Friday.
- Parking Ban: In effect from 12 p.m. on Feb. 8 until 6 a.m. until Monday, Feb. 11. Parking is prohibited on all Brookline streets.
- Trash collection will be a normal pick up on Friday.
IMPORTANT NUMBERS & WEBSITES:
- Emergency: 911
- Police Department: 617-730-2222
- Fire Department: 617-730-2272
- DPW: 617-730-2156
- Transportation: 617-730-2020
- National Grid power outages: 800-465-1212
- National Grid gas emergencies: 800-233-5325
- NStar power outages: 800-592-2000 or the Report an Outage form.
- Comcast: 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278)
- Verizon: 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)
- RCN: 1-866-TECH-RCN (1-866-832-4726)
- MBTA: 617-222-3200
- MBTA Travel Advisory
See a tree down in your neighborhood? Notice a road is icy? Just saw a store clerk put out more snow melt products? Please use this story on Brookline Patch to help out your neighbors.