Small Business Saturday is on Nov. 24 this year, two days after Thanksgiving. It is a day for everyone to support the small businesses that their community thrives on.
American Express founded the day in 2010 to help small businesses get exposure during the holiday season, when they might be otherwise overlooked. With retailers buzzing around the holidays, it is important to support local small businesses that rely on their neighbors in order to continue prospering and building the local economy in Brookline.
Last year, 100 million people nationwide participated in Small Business Saturday by shopping at locally owned stores to help boost the economy and their communities.
Here are 20 small businesses in Brookline participating in Small Business Saturday:
1. Crossroads Trade at 271 Harvard Street.
2. Jakow Katz at 278A Harvard Street.
3. OTTO Pizza at 289 Harvard Street.
4. FLOAT 280 at Harvard Street
5. Eureka Puzzles at 1354 Beacon Street.
6. MELT at 305 Harvard Street.
7. The Upper Crust at 286 Harvard Street.
8. Party Favors at 1356 Beacon Street.
9. Violet Skin Boutique at 1362 Beacon Street.
10. Best Cellars at 1327 Beacon Street.
11. Zaftig's Eatery at 335 Harvard Street.
12. Classic Tuxedo at 81 Boylston Street.
13. EC Florists and Gifts at 224 Washington Street.
14. Boston Karate Club at 17 Station Street.
15. HC Studio 30 Station Street.
16. Village Market at 4 Brookline Place.
17. Isis Maternity at 2 Brookline Place.
18. Tire Tattoo at 144 Boylston Street.
19. Brookline Youth Baseball at 20 Searle Avenue.
20. Runners Connect at 40 Cameron Street.
Click here or a full list of participating Brookline businesses and directions to their shops.
You can also “like” Small Business Saturday on Facebook by visiting www.facebook.com/shopsmall.
Everyone has locally owned businesses in their community, and shopping on Small Business Saturday is the perfect way to give back to the businesses you know and love in your community.
TELL US: What small businesses do you patronize in your town and what makes them great? Share in the comments below.