Columbus Day is observed on Monday, Oct. 14. Here's a handy list of what's open (and closed) during the holiday:
- Retail stores: Open.
- Supermarkets, liquor stores and convenience stores: Open.
- Bars and restaurants: Open.
- Stock market: Open.
- Municipal, state, federal offices and banks: Closed.
- Libraries and schools: Closed.
- Post office: Closed.
- MBTA: Operating on a Saturday schedule.
- Trash/Recycling: Not affected in Beacon Hill.
Also, click here for traffic advisories issued for Columbus Day by the City of Boston.