Invite a friend
The Witch Who Wasn't
Wayne Martin Puppets presents "The Witch Who Wasn't," a delightful tale about a little witch who can't do anything the least bit scary. Based on a story by author Jane Yolen and brought to life by a bewitching cast of hand and rod puppets our little witch dreads attending her first Halloween witches convention where she is expected to cast terrible spells. To the surprise of all, not only does she brew up a hilarious surprise but wins the blue ribbon in the process!
This short piece is followed by a selection of Martin's award winning marionettes with Punky Punkin (The Happy "Juggling" Pumpkin) and a compliment of scarecrows, witches, ghosts and monsters all performing unique tricks for your treat in this hilarious Halloween theme variety revue.
Showtimes include Fri 10/26 10:30am; Sat 10/27 1:00pm and 3:00pm; Sun 10/28 1:00pm and 3:00pm
|Where||Puppet Showplace Theatre 32 Station St, Brookline, MA 02445|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||10:30 am–11:30 am|
|Who to bring||Moms, Dads, Everyone, Kids|
More About Puppet Showplace Theatre
This not-for-profit theater, located alongside the green line in Brookline Village, hosts up to 60 performances of various puppeteers a year. Tickets are reasonably priced. Upon entering this cozy theater, you'll find a colorful room with a paint-dribbled wooden floor, tall ceilings and assorted finger and hand puppets. The room beyond is where performances are held.
Other events here
- Puppet Showplace Theatre presents "Puppet Playtime" by Brenda Huggins and Phil Berman Weekly on Wednesdays, 10:30 am–11:15 am
- Puppet Showplace Theatre presents "The Yankee Peddler" by Brad Shur and Chris Monti Daily, 10:30 am
- Puppet Showplace Theatre presents "Advanced Shadow Puppetry Workshop" by Brad Shur Weekly on Mondays, 6:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Puppet Showplace Theatre presents "Clown Circus" by Paul Vincent Davis, performed by Brad Shur Daily, 10:30 am–11:15 am
- Glove Puppetry Boot Camp in the Puppet Showplace Theatre Weekly on Mondays, 6:30 pm–9:00 pm