Invite a friend
The Snowflake Man by Puppet Kabob
The story of "The Snowflake Man" is inspired by Wilson "Snowflake" Bentley, the self-educated farmer and scientist who attracted world attention when he became the first person to photograph a single snow crystal. "The Snowflake Man" transports audiences into historic New England through creative storytelling, intricately designed Czech-style marionettes, and a striking pop-up book of water color scenery. This show combines art, science, and New England history to magical effect!
The Snowflake Man was awarded a 2011 UNIMA Citation of Excellence. This show is sponsored in part by a Creation Grant from the Vermont Arts Council and the National Endowment for the Arts.
TIME: Feb 7-8, 10;30am; Feb 9-10, 1pm&3pm
|Where||Puppet Showplace Theatre 32 Station St, Brookline, MA 02445|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||10:30 am–11:15 am|
|Who to bring||Everyone, Kids, Teens, Families, Seniors|
|Price||PST member:$8; General Admission: $12|
More About Puppet Showplace Theatre
This not-for-profit theater, located alongside the green line in Brookline Village, hosts up to 60 performances of various puppeteers a year. Tickets are reasonably priced. Upon entering this cozy theater, you'll find a colorful room with a paint-dribbled wooden floor, tall ceilings and assorted finger and hand puppets. The room beyond is where performances are held.
Other events here
- Puppet Showplace Theatre presents "Advanced Shadow Puppetry Workshop" by Brad Shur Weekly on Mondays, 6:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Puppet Showplace Theatre presents "Puppet Playtime" by Brenda Huggins and Phil Berman Weekly on Wednesdays, 10:30 am–11:15 am
- Puppet Showplace Theatre presents "The Yankee Peddler" by Brad Shur and Chris Monti Daily, 10:30 am
- Puppet Showplace Theatre presents "Clown Circus" by Paul Vincent Davis, performed by Brad Shur Daily, 10:30 am–11:15 am
- Glove Puppetry Boot Camp in the Puppet Showplace Theatre Weekly on Mondays, 6:30 pm–9:00 pm