Invite a friend
The Kennedy Brothers Speak
John F., Robert and Edward Kennedy -- their speeches defined a generation, inspiring and challenging audiences across the United States. Join North Hill, the next evolution in senior living, for a program that looks at the Kennedy brothers’ most famous orations and their impact on American political culture.
Professor Jason Edwards and Mary Anne Marsh lead this look at the rhetorical dynamics and legacy of the Kennedy brothers. The class will focus on their most famous speeches: John F. Kennedy’s 1963 American university Address, Robert Kennedy’s 1968 announcement of the death of Martin Luther King, Jr., and Ted Kennedy’s 1980 Democratic National Convention address.
This special event will take place on President Kennedy’s 95th birthday and will include a tour of his birthplace.
The class is part of the True North Boston Cultural Icons Series, which takes a closer look at the people, institutions, art, architecture and history of the “City on the Hill.”
The course is open to all active adults in the Boston area. Sponsored by North Hill, on the Needham/Wellesley line.
RSVP: Register by email (RSVP@NorthHill.org) or by phone (781-433-6400)
More About Coolidge Corner Theatre
For more than seven decades, the Coolidge Corner Theatre has been an iconic location for enjoying independent, foreign and even mainstream films. With two screens dedicated to local and independent work not typically available in movie theaters, patrons can rely on Coolidge to give them a unique film viewing experience. Tickets can only be bought at the box office or through the website.
Other events here
- Jim Gaffigan - Dad Is Fat Thu, May 23, 6:00 pm
- Big Screen Classics: DAZED AND CONFUSED Mon, May 27, 7:00 pm–8:45 pm
- Carl Hiaasen - Bad Monkey Wed, Jun 12, 6:00 pm
- NT Live: THE AUDIENCE June 13, 2013 / June 25, 2013 / July 11, 2013, 7:00 pm–9:45 pm
- Big Screen Classics: GIMME SHELTER Mon, Jun 17, 7:00 pm–8:45 pm
- Abelardo Morell: The Universe Next Door (In conversation with Elizabeth Siegel) Wed, Jun 26, 6:00 pm
- Big Screen Classics: RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK Mon, Jul 1, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Big Screen Classics: LAWRENCE OF ARABIA Mon, Jul 8, 7:00 pm–10:45 pm
- Big Screen Classics: THE SOUND OF MUSIC Mon, Jul 15, 7:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Big Screen Classics: 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY Mon, Jul 22, 7:00 pm–9:30 pm