Invite a friend
Roving Soul is a trio that blends traditional and modern folksongs that speak the common language of the human experience by spanning decades and world cultures. Their unique form of composed, interpreted and improvised music is multi-ethnic, imaginative and rich with feeling, in which every song tells a different story. Roving Soul is BMS faculty Chris Veilleux on alto and soprano saxophones, Jerry Sabatini on trumpet and flugelhorn, and Greg Loughman on double bass.
Roving Soul is the second concert in the Brookline Music School’s 2012-2013 Faculty Artist Series. The BMS Faculty Artist Series will feature a colorful spectrum of musical backgrounds to include jazz, folk, classical and ethnic styles.
Brookline Music School’s 2012-2013 Faculty Artist Series will continue with Sunday concerts at 4:00pm with a concert to be determined on December 9, Amy Poliakoff, flute, Phil Rush, viola, Michelle Rush, violin and Lindsay Albert, piano (Trio Op. 18 of Maurice Durufle, flute and viola solo selections) on February 10, Nara Shahbazyan, cello and guest artist on piano (Romantic to Contemporary period including Schuman, Webern and Piazzola) on March 10, and Valerie Ross, piano (Romantic to Modern, Brahms, Debussy, Rzewski and Messiaen piano) on May 12. Meet the artist receptions will immediately follow each concert.
More About Brookline Music School
Brookline Music School was founded by the Brookline Public School in 1924 as a non-profit community center for the arts. Today, the school gives private lessons and classes for all ages. In addition to instuments, it also offers vocal instruction. There is a recital hall for student and faculty concerts, and a scholarship program for students who might otherwise be unable to take a music class. The school currently resides on the William H. Lincoln School's campus.
Other events here
- VOICE CLASS for 8-10 year-olds Weekly on Thursdays, 4:30 pm–5:15 pm
- Music Classes at Brookline Music School Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 8:30 am–8:30 pm
- Classes & Ensembles at Brookline Music School Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 8:30 am–8:30 pm
- Private Music Lessons at Brookline Music School Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 9:00 am–9:00 pm
- FOLK MUSIC PROGRAMS Weekly on Mondays and Wednesdays, 1:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Yoga for Adults at Brookline Music School Weekly on Wednesdays and Thursdays, 8:30 am–9:20 am
- Early Childhood Classes at BMS Daily, 9:30 pm–4:00 pm
- Beginner Piano at BMS Daily, 1:00 pm–6:50 pm
- Meet the Instruments! Daily, 9:00 pm–12:30 pm
- Dance at BMS Daily, 1:00 pm–2:50 pm