Invite a friend
Ron Currie, Jr. and Nicholas Montemarano
Ron Currie, Jr. (God is Dead, Everything Matters!) goes meta in his latest novel Flimsy Plastic Miracles. It follows Ron Currie, a failed writer who is unable to get the girl. After faking his own death, he is caught in a maelstrom of post-mortem popularity, and must decide between maintaining the facade or coming clean to scathing critics. Currie (both character and author) ask what matters most--media sensationalism or an unpleasant authenticity.
In Nicholas Montemarano’s latest novel The Book of Why, best-selling self-help author Eric Newborn is left bereft after the loss of his wife. After a fervent fan locates him in his isolation, he must separate his sparkling, idealistic public self from his less-than-sunny private one. The novel strikes you with wonder, offering more ruminations than explanations, encouraging you to ponder why.
|Where||Brookline Booksmith 279 Harvard St, Brookline, MA 02446|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:00 pm–8:00 pm|
More About Brookline Booksmith
Brookline Booksmith in Coolidge Corner is an enormous store filled with both used and new books. The two-story shop has a wide range of genres as well as a kids' section. It also sells cards and gift items. In the book cellar downstairs, signings are held on a regular basis. The Booksmith has been open for over 50 years.
Other events here
- Lionel Shriver - Big Brother Tomorrow, Jun 19, 7:00 pm
- Breakwater Reading Series Fri, Jun 21, 7:00 pm
- 826 Benefit: Dead Authors Sat, Jun 22, 7:00 pm
- Suzy Becker - One Good Egg Mon, Jun 24, 7:00 pm
- Alysia Abbott - Fairyland: A Memoir of My Father Thu, Jun 27, 7:00 pm
- Dorothea Benton Frank - The Last Original Wife Fri, Jun 28, 7:00 pm
- Kathleen Spivack - With Robert Lowell and His Circle (In conversation with Judith Steinbergh) Sat, Jun 29, 7:00 pm
- Children's Storytime June 15, 2013 / June 30, 2013 / July 20, 2013 / July 28, 2013 / August 17, 2013 / August 25, 2013 / September 21, 2013 / September 29, 2013 / October 19, 2013 / October 27, 2013 / November 16, 2013 / November 24, 2013, 10:30 am
- Brookline Booksmith Book Club Mon, Jul 8, 7:30 pm
- Mike Cooper - Full Ratchet Tue, Jul 9, 7:00 pm