Invite a friend
Ron Currie, Jr. and Nicholas Montemarano
Ron Currie, Jr. (God is Dead, Everything Matters!) goes meta in his latest novel Flimsy Plastic Miracles. It follows Ron Currie, a failed writer who is unable to get the girl. After faking his own death, he is caught in a maelstrom of post-mortem popularity, and must decide between maintaining the facade or coming clean to scathing critics. Currie (both character and author) ask what matters most--media sensationalism or an unpleasant authenticity.
In Nicholas Montemarano’s latest novel The Book of Why, best-selling self-help author Eric Newborn is left bereft after the loss of his wife. After a fervent fan locates him in his isolation, he must separate his sparkling, idealistic public self from his less-than-sunny private one. The novel strikes you with wonder, offering more ruminations than explanations, encouraging you to ponder why.
|Where||Brookline Booksmith 279 Harvard St, Brookline, MA 02446|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:00 pm–8:00 pm|
More About Brookline Booksmith
Brookline Booksmith in Coolidge Corner is an enormous store filled with both used and new books. The two-story shop has a wide range of genres as well as a kids' section. It also sells cards and gift items. In the book cellar downstairs, signings are held on a regular basis. The Booksmith has been open for over 50 years.
Other events here
- Write Your Own Craft Book Panel Tomorrow, May 20, 7:00 pm
- Seasoned Voices Senior Poetry Wed, May 22, 7:00 pm
- Anne Champion and Brian Sousa Fri, May 24, 7:00 pm
- Todd McLeish - Narwhals Sat, May 25, 7:00 pm
- Michelle Tea and Ali Liebgott Wed, May 29, 7:00 pm
- Michael Lynch, Nicole Terez Dutton, and Erica Anzalone Fri, May 31, 7:00 pm
- Ruha Benjamin - People's Science: Bodies and Rights on the Stem Cell Frontier Sat, Jun 1, 7:00 pm
- Teresa Giudice - Fabulicious!: On the Grill Book Signing Tue, Jun 4, 7:00 pm
- Mark Cohen, in conversation with Rabbi Moshe Waldoks - Overweight Sensation: The Life and Comedy of Allan Sherman Wed, Jun 5, 7:00 pm
- Steve Schirripa, in conversation with Dan Sally - Big Daddy’s Rules: Raising Daughters Is Tougher Than I Look Thu, Jun 6, 7:00 pm