Invite a friend
Puppet Showplace Theatre Summer Camps - Talk to the Hand! Puppetry and Performance Skills Camp
Instructor: Jacek Zuzanski of Dream Tale Puppets
Date: 8/20 through 8/24, 8:30am to 4:00pm
To Register: Call the Brookline Rec Department at 617-730-2069. Only 15 spots available...apply today!
About the Camp: Puppeteers can bring entire worlds to life using just the tips of their fingers. Want to know their secrets? Now is your chance! In this new one-week summer camp students will explore the manipulation techniques used to bring different styles of puppets to life. In a typical day, students will spend a morning session working with a professional performer (actors and puppeteers) to learn tools for expressing themselves ranging from voice acting to storytelling to hand puppet techniques and team puppetry. In the afternoons, students will devise, rehearse, and perform an original play, using the puppetry and performance skills they have acquired. In addition to puppetry activities, campers also will enjoy fun recreational outings led by counselors from the Brookline Recreation Department.
|Where||Puppet Showplace Theatre 32 Station St, Brookline, MA 02445|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||8:30 am–4:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone, Kids|
More About Puppet Showplace Theatre
This not-for-profit theater, located alongside the green line in Brookline Village, hosts up to 60 performances of various puppeteers a year. Tickets are reasonably priced. Upon entering this cozy theater, you'll find a colorful room with a paint-dribbled wooden floor, tall ceilings and assorted finger and hand puppets. The room beyond is where performances are held.
Other events here
- Puppet Showplace Theatre presents "Puppet Playtime" by Brenda Huggins and Phil Berman Weekly on Wednesdays, 10:30 am–11:15 am
- Puppet Showplace Theatre presents "The Yankee Peddler" by Brad Shur and Chris Monti Daily, 10:30 am
- Puppet Showplace Theatre presents "Advanced Shadow Puppetry Workshop" by Brad Shur Weekly on Mondays, 6:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Puppet Showplace Theatre presents "Clown Circus" by Paul Vincent Davis, performed by Brad Shur Daily, 10:30 am–11:15 am
- Glove Puppetry Boot Camp in the Puppet Showplace Theatre Weekly on Mondays, 6:30 pm–9:00 pm