Invite a friend
Puppet Showplace Theatre presents Magic Soup and Other Stories by Brad Shur
Puppet Showplace Theatre presents Magic Soup and Other Stories by Brad Shur.
Uncle Murray is coming over for dinner, but there's no food in sight! A young man's search for a family recipe ends up bringing folk tales to life...in his kitchen. Based on a collection of traditional Yiddish stories, "The Magic Soup" teaches that it is those with wit, humor and imagination who have the best chance of filling their bellies -- and fulfilling their dreams.
Puppet Showplace Theatre is an award-winning non-profit performing arts organization committed to excellence in puppetry as a theatrical experience that educates, enlightens, and entertains audiences of all ages. Established in 1974, PST is the first and only year-round dedicated puppetry presenter in New England.
More About Puppet Showplace Theatre
This not-for-profit theater, located alongside the green line in Brookline Village, hosts up to 60 performances of various puppeteers a year. Tickets are reasonably priced. Upon entering this cozy theater, you'll find a colorful room with a paint-dribbled wooden floor, tall ceilings and assorted finger and hand puppets. The room beyond is where performances are held.
Other events here
- Puppet Showplace Theatre presents "The Yankee Peddler" by Brad Shur and Chris Monti Daily, 10:30 am
- Puppet Showplace Theatre presents "Advanced Shadow Puppetry Workshop" by Brad Shur Weekly on Mondays, 6:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Puppet Showplace Theatre presents "Puppet Playtime" by Brenda Huggins and Phil Berman Weekly on Wednesdays, 10:30 am–11:15 am
- Puppet Showplace Theatre presents "Clown Circus" by Paul Vincent Davis, performed by Brad Shur Daily, 10:30 am–11:15 am
- Puppet Showplace Theatre's 39th Birthday Party!!! Sun, Jun 2, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Puppet Showplace Theatre's Garden Party Gala!!! Tue, Jun 4, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Glove Puppetry Boot Camp in the Puppet Showplace Theatre Weekly on Mondays, 6:30 pm–9:00 pm