Invite a friend
OPEN HOUSE & INSTRUMENT PETTING ZOO
Brookline Music School (BMS) hosts an Open House & Instrument Petting Zoo on Sunday, October 21, 2012 from 1:00 to 3:00pm. Join BMS for this interactive and fun day of sampling several different instruments and enjoying live music by a world-renown faculty and outstanding students at the Lincoln School Pumpkinfest from 12:30 to 4:00pm.
Does your child want to play a musical instrument, but is unsure which one? We have the answer! At our Instrument Petting Zoos, children and adults are given the opportunity to listen to and play a wide range of instruments, including woodwinds, brass, strings, guitar, piano, drums, percussion, harp and accordion. Children puff their cheeks in anticipation of playing the wind instruments, while others try their hands at the strings or hammer on the drums. Several instruments are often larger than the children, which dos not dissuade their curiosity or ability!
Pumpkinfest is on Sunday, Oct 21 from noon to 4:00pm. It's an autumn festival on the Lincoln School grounds with games and amusements, a silent auction, food, pumpkins, and this year, entertainment courtesy of the Brookline Music School! Pumpkinfest is the Lincoln School's biggest fundraiser, making a host of programs and services for the Lincoln community possible.
More About Brookline Music School
Brookline Music School was founded by the Brookline Public School in 1924 as a non-profit community center for the arts. Today, the school gives private lessons and classes for all ages. In addition to instuments, it also offers vocal instruction. There is a recital hall for student and faculty concerts, and a scholarship program for students who might otherwise be unable to take a music class. The school currently resides on the William H. Lincoln School's campus.
Other events here
- Classes & Ensembles at Brookline Music School Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 8:30 am–8:30 pm
- Music Classes at Brookline Music School Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 8:30 am–8:30 pm
- Yoga for Adults at Brookline Music School Weekly on Wednesdays and Thursdays, 8:30 am–9:20 am
- Private Music Lessons at Brookline Music School Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 9:00 am–9:00 pm
- FOLK MUSIC PROGRAMS Weekly on Mondays and Wednesdays, 1:00 pm–7:00 pm
- VOICE CLASS for 8-10 year-olds Weekly on Thursdays, 4:30 pm–5:15 pm
- Early Childhood Classes at BMS Daily, 9:30 pm–4:00 pm
- Beginner Piano at BMS Daily, 1:00 pm–6:50 pm
- Meet the Instruments! Daily, 9:00 pm–12:30 pm
- Dance at BMS Daily, 1:00 pm–2:50 pm