Invite a friend
OnStage @ the Coolidge: Deconstructing Sgt. Pepper
The Beatles’ album Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band is one of the high points of the Beatles’ career, as well as one of the most influential albums in all of popular music. Composer, producer and Beatles expert Scott Freiman takes music fans young and old on a magical tour through this masterpiece in Deconstructing Sgt. Pepper, an in-depth look at the Beatles’ creative process. As a special Valentine's Day treat, Scott will also be deconstructing "All You Need Is Love", the #1 single released immediately after Sgt. Pepper.
There’s a reason why the Beatles’ music continues to strike a chord with new generations of fans, 40 years after their last recording. Using rare audio and video clips, as well as anecdotes about the creation of the songs, Deconstructing Sgt. Pepper explores the groundbreaking production techniques that went into producing this landmark piece of music history.
Join lecturer Scott Freiman as he combines his knowledge of The Beatles with a career as a composer producer and educator. His original music has been featured in award-winning films and performed at Lincoln Center and Carnegie Hall. Scott is the owner of Second Act Studio, a state-of-the-art music and video studio for composition, recording and production. Learn more about Beatles Lectures at www.beatleslectures.com.
|Where||Coolidge Corner Theatre 290 Harvard St, Brookline, MA 02446|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:00 pm–9:00 pm|
|Price||$15 general admission, $12 members|
More About Coolidge Corner Theatre
For more than seven decades, the Coolidge Corner Theatre has been an iconic location for enjoying independent, foreign and even mainstream films. With two screens dedicated to local and independent work not typically available in movie theaters, patrons can rely on Coolidge to give them a unique film viewing experience. Tickets can only be bought at the box office or through the website.
Other events here
- Big Screen Classics: DAZED AND CONFUSED Mon, May 27, 7:00 pm–8:45 pm
- Carl Hiaasen - Bad Monkey Wed, Jun 12, 6:00 pm
- NT Live: THE AUDIENCE June 13, 2013 / June 25, 2013 / July 11, 2013, 7:00 pm–9:45 pm
- Big Screen Classics: GIMME SHELTER Mon, Jun 17, 7:00 pm–8:45 pm
- Abelardo Morell: The Universe Next Door (In conversation with Elizabeth Siegel) Wed, Jun 26, 6:00 pm
- Big Screen Classics: RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK Mon, Jul 1, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Big Screen Classics: LAWRENCE OF ARABIA Mon, Jul 8, 7:00 pm–10:45 pm
- Big Screen Classics: THE SOUND OF MUSIC Mon, Jul 15, 7:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Big Screen Classics: 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY Mon, Jul 22, 7:00 pm–9:30 pm
- Big Screen Classics: MEAN STREETS Mon, Jul 29, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm