Invite a friend
National Astronomy Day here in Brookline
Last year over 1,000 people attended, the weather was fairly nice except for thickening clouds toward evening, and everyone remarked about how much fun it was.
Below you will find the activities we have planned so far. Updates are made often.
4:00 - Outdoor events begin with rockets, kites, solar telescopes
5:00 - Indoor events run from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm - science exhibitors
7:00 - Indoor Kite Flying in the Hockey Rink 7-9 pm - kites that need no wind!
8:00 - Sunset, night telescopes set up
8:30 - Viewing of the first-quarter moon, Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Venus
10:00 - Adjourn
Free admission! Come anytime. <<See Schedule>>
Free Astronomy souvenir for first 300 children
The Clay Center holds astronomy day events in collaboration with the Amateur Telescope Makers of Boston. Don't forget to <<REGISTER>> so your family is eligible for the door prize drawings. (NOTE - You can also Register at the Door)
* Many different telescopes will be set up for you to see and use. Safely view the sun in the daytime, and see planets and stars in the evening, weather permitting.
* Demonstrations, planetarium shows, LASER Light shows, rocketry, stunt kites, hands-on educational activities for all ages. GALILEO returns.
* Meet a famous robot from the movies, have your picture taken with it!
* Door Prizes for children - register for a chance to win telescopes and more.
* Mike Cenci Food Canteen Truck from 4:30-7:30 pm.
Children under 12 must be supervised. No pets permitted.
|Where||20 Newton St, Brookline, MA 02445|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||4:00 pm–9:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone|