Invite a friend
Kids' Shows: Catskill Puppet Theatre presents The Town that Fought Hate
Sunday, April 28
Since 1979, John Potocnik and Carol Mandigo, co-founders of the Catskill Puppet Theater, have been touring internationally, enchanting young and old with their delightful musical productions. The Town That Fought Hate is based upon Janice Cohn’s award-winning children’s book, The Christmas Menorahs: How a Town Fought Hate. Both the book and the play recount the true story of how people of all faiths and races came together in the town of Billings, Montana to successfully fight a group of haters threatening the town’s tiny Jewish population and other minorities during the Hanukkah / Christmas season of 1993.
Recommended for ages 4+.
|Where||Coolidge Corner Theatre 290 Harvard St, Brookline, MA 02446|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||10:30 am–11:30 am|
|Who to bring||Kids|
|Price||$8 children / $10 adults|
More About Coolidge Corner Theatre
For more than seven decades, the Coolidge Corner Theatre has been an iconic location for enjoying independent, foreign and even mainstream films. With two screens dedicated to local and independent work not typically available in movie theaters, patrons can rely on Coolidge to give them a unique film viewing experience. Tickets can only be bought at the box office or through the website.
Other events here
- Big Screen Classics: DAZED AND CONFUSED Mon, May 27, 7:00 pm–8:45 pm
- Carl Hiaasen - Bad Monkey Wed, Jun 12, 6:00 pm
- NT Live: THE AUDIENCE June 13, 2013 / June 25, 2013 / July 11, 2013, 7:00 pm–9:45 pm
- Big Screen Classics: GIMME SHELTER Mon, Jun 17, 7:00 pm–8:45 pm
- Abelardo Morell: The Universe Next Door (In conversation with Elizabeth Siegel) Wed, Jun 26, 6:00 pm
- Big Screen Classics: RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK Mon, Jul 1, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Big Screen Classics: LAWRENCE OF ARABIA Mon, Jul 8, 7:00 pm–10:45 pm
- Big Screen Classics: THE SOUND OF MUSIC Mon, Jul 15, 7:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Big Screen Classics: 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY Mon, Jul 22, 7:00 pm–9:30 pm
- Big Screen Classics: MEAN STREETS Mon, Jul 29, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm