Invite a friend
Fall 2012 Private Instruction, Group Classes & Ensembles at Brookline Music School
Brookline Music School’s Term I (Fall) private instruction begins September 10, 2012. Private lessons are the cornerstone of music education. Brookline Music School welcomes students ages 4 years to adult, with the belief that the right match of student and teacher is vital to a student’s progress, pleasure of learning and enjoyment of music. After an initial consultation, the student is assigned to a faculty member whose teaching style most closely complements the student’s learning style and personality.
Brookline Music School’s Term I (Fall) group classes begin September 18-24, 2012, offering a variety of classes for all ages and abilities. Group classes include Early Childhood First Steps Music & Movement, Dance, Dalcroze Eurhythmics, Music for Little Mozarts, Beginning Piano, Music for iPad, Folk Music, and Group Voice, as well as Jazz/Rock/Pop, and Chamber ensembles for kids, teens and adults. Suzuki instruction offers flute and violin groups, in addition to private lessons. Most classes run 15-weeks and are 50-minutes in length.
Brookline Music School constitutes a unique model of cooperation between public and private sectors. Its original purpose was to enhance the Brookline Public School orchestras by providing music lessons after hours on school premises. The Brookline Public Schools generously continue to donate classroom space for private music lessons. Brookline Music School teaches in Baker, Brookline High, Devotion, Driscoll, Lawrence, Lincoln, Pierce and Runkle Schools and follows the Brookline Public School’s yearly calendar.
Visit www.bmsmusic.org for more information.
More About Brookline Music School
Brookline Music School was founded by the Brookline Public School in 1924 as a non-profit community center for the arts. Today, the school gives private lessons and classes for all ages. In addition to instuments, it also offers vocal instruction. There is a recital hall for student and faculty concerts, and a scholarship program for students who might otherwise be unable to take a music class. The school currently resides on the William H. Lincoln School's campus.
Other events here
- Classes & Ensembles at Brookline Music School Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 8:30 am–8:30 pm
- Music Classes at Brookline Music School Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 8:30 am–8:30 pm
- Private Music Lessons at Brookline Music School Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 9:00 am–9:00 pm
- FOLK MUSIC PROGRAMS Weekly on Mondays and Wednesdays, 1:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Yoga for Adults at Brookline Music School Weekly on Wednesdays and Thursdays, 8:30 am–9:20 am
- VOICE CLASS for 8-10 year-olds Weekly on Thursdays, 4:30 pm–5:15 pm
- Early Childhood Classes at BMS Daily, 9:30 pm–4:00 pm
- Beginner Piano at BMS Daily, 1:00 pm–6:50 pm
- Meet the Instruments! Daily, 9:00 pm–12:30 pm
- Dance at BMS Daily, 1:00 pm–2:50 pm