Invite a friend
Classical Piano Concert with Franco Leon
Brookline Music School (BMS) presents a Faculty Concert with pianist Franco Leon, featuring works by Scarlatti, Mozart, Chopin, Satie and Mahler on Tuesday, June 12 at 7:30pm in Bakalar Recital Hall for free.
The program includes:
Scarlatti: sonata K.27 in b minor and K.119 in d major
Mozart: 12 variations on "Ah, vous dirai-je, Maman" K. 265 (Twinkle Twinkle Little Star)
Mahler: adagietto from the 5th symphony (arranged by J. Scheide)
Satie: Gnossiennes nos. 3,4 and 5
Chopin: nocturne op.27 no.2 and Scherzo no. 2 op.31
The Classical Piano Concert is part of Brookline Music School’s Faculty Concert Series, performed and presented by BMS piano faculty Franco Leon. BMS’ renowned faculty offers an array of unique and educational concerts throughout the year at the Kennard House and at numerous community locations. The superb quality of educational offerings at BMS is made possible by the high level of arts education, musicianship and pedagogical experience of the faculty, with over half of its internationally trained faculty members holding a Masters degree or higher.
About Franco Leon
Degrees: BM, Magna Cum Laude, Piano Performance, Boston Conservatory; MM, Piano Performance, Boston Conservatory. Leon studies with Jonathan Bass, Max Levinson, Janice Weber, Lynn Chang and Jung-Ja Kim. He is the recipient of the H. Wilfred Churchill, Ricardo and Hans Lewitus Scholarships, winner of the Chamber Honors Competition, Boston Conservatory, and Bela Bartok Latin American Piano competition at age 8. Leon has had performances in Europe, North America and South America, as well as live broadcasts on Lima’s ‘Filarmonia’ radio 102.7. Founder and Artistic director of “Escucha!” music festival, Leon is piano faculty at Boston Piano Academy and Brookline Music School.
More About Brookline Music School
Brookline Music School was founded by the Brookline Public School in 1924 as a non-profit community center for the arts. Today, the school gives private lessons and classes for all ages. In addition to instuments, it also offers vocal instruction. There is a recital hall for student and faculty concerts, and a scholarship program for students who might otherwise be unable to take a music class. The school currently resides on the William H. Lincoln School's campus.
Other events here
- Classes & Ensembles at Brookline Music School Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 8:30 am–8:30 pm
- Music Classes at Brookline Music School Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 8:30 am–8:30 pm
- Yoga for Adults at Brookline Music School Weekly on Wednesdays and Thursdays, 8:30 am–9:20 am
- Private Music Lessons at Brookline Music School Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 9:00 am–9:00 pm
- FOLK MUSIC PROGRAMS Weekly on Mondays and Wednesdays, 1:00 pm–7:00 pm
- VOICE CLASS for 8-10 year-olds Weekly on Thursdays, 4:30 pm–5:15 pm
- Early Childhood Classes at BMS Daily, 9:30 pm–4:00 pm
- Beginner Piano at BMS Daily, 1:00 pm–6:50 pm
- Meet the Instruments! Daily, 9:00 pm–12:30 pm
- Dance at BMS Daily, 1:00 pm–2:50 pm