Invite a friend
Benefit Concert for Cambridge Fire Victims
Brookline Music School will host a marathon concert from 1:00 to 8:00pm on Saturday, September 8 to benefit the victims of a recent Cambridge residential fire. Brookline Music School faculty members and students will perform briefly in an attempt to raise awareness and resources for the victims of the fire.
The devastating fire broke out on August 23 and destroyed the home of Brookline Music School faculty member Brendan Burns and eleven other residents, many of them musicians and colleagues. No one was seriously hurt and several instruments were saved by firefighters. All twelve individuals are now homeless and almost all of their possessions were destroyed by fire, heat or water.
There has been support from the Red Cross, and numerous community members and friends have come to their aid. Many musicians have been working to provide support through small benefits and recognition events within the Cambridge area music scene.
If you are interested in performing or providing donations to the fire victims, please respond to Michelle Nover at Brookline Music School, 617-277-4593, email@example.com. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
More About Brookline Music School
Brookline Music School was founded by the Brookline Public School in 1924 as a non-profit community center for the arts. Today, the school gives private lessons and classes for all ages. In addition to instuments, it also offers vocal instruction. There is a recital hall for student and faculty concerts, and a scholarship program for students who might otherwise be unable to take a music class. The school currently resides on the William H. Lincoln School's campus.
Other events here
- Classes & Ensembles at Brookline Music School Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 8:30 am–8:30 pm
- Music Classes at Brookline Music School Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 8:30 am–8:30 pm
- Private Music Lessons at Brookline Music School Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 9:00 am–9:00 pm
- FOLK MUSIC PROGRAMS Weekly on Mondays and Wednesdays, 1:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Yoga for Adults at Brookline Music School Weekly on Wednesdays and Thursdays, 8:30 am–9:20 am
- VOICE CLASS for 8-10 year-olds Weekly on Thursdays, 4:30 pm–5:15 pm
- Early Childhood Classes at BMS Daily, 9:30 pm–4:00 pm
- Beginner Piano at BMS Daily, 1:00 pm–6:50 pm
- Meet the Instruments! Daily, 9:00 pm–12:30 pm
- Dance at BMS Daily, 1:00 pm–2:50 pm