Invite a friend
Ballet in Cinema: PEOPLE
Award-winning writer Alan Bennett is reunited with director Nicholas Hytner and Olivier Award-winning actress Frances de la Tour, with whom he worked on The History Boys and The Habit of Art.
People spoil things; there are so many of them and the last thing one wants is them traipsing through one’s house. But with the park a jungle and a bath on the billiard table, what is one to do? Dorothy (Frances de la Tour) wonders if an attic sale could be a solution.
Alan Bennett is one of Britain’s most celebrated playwrights, and the much anticipated People is the sixth of his plays to have its premiere at the National Theatre. Following its original run at the National Theatre, The History Boys transferred to Broadway, winning the Tony Award for Best Play in 2006, and toured internationally before being turned into a film, again directed by Nicholas Hytner and with a cast including Frances de la Tour.
Bennett and Hytner also collaborated on the award-winning play and film The Madness of King George and their last stage production, The Habit of Art, was broadcast as part of National Theatre Live in 2010.
|Where||Coolidge Corner Theatre 290 Harvard St, Brookline, MA 02446|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:00 pm–9:45 pm|
|Price||$20 general admission, $17 seniors and members|
More About Coolidge Corner Theatre
For more than seven decades, the Coolidge Corner Theatre has been an iconic location for enjoying independent, foreign and even mainstream films. With two screens dedicated to local and independent work not typically available in movie theaters, patrons can rely on Coolidge to give them a unique film viewing experience. Tickets can only be bought at the box office or through the website.
Other events here
- Jim Gaffigan - Dad Is Fat Tomorrow, May 23, 6:00 pm
- Big Screen Classics: DAZED AND CONFUSED Mon, May 27, 7:00 pm–8:45 pm
- Carl Hiaasen - Bad Monkey Wed, Jun 12, 6:00 pm
- NT Live: THE AUDIENCE June 13, 2013 / June 25, 2013 / July 11, 2013, 7:00 pm–9:45 pm
- Big Screen Classics: GIMME SHELTER Mon, Jun 17, 7:00 pm–8:45 pm
- Abelardo Morell: The Universe Next Door (In conversation with Elizabeth Siegel) Wed, Jun 26, 6:00 pm
- Big Screen Classics: RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK Mon, Jul 1, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Big Screen Classics: LAWRENCE OF ARABIA Mon, Jul 8, 7:00 pm–10:45 pm
- Big Screen Classics: THE SOUND OF MUSIC Mon, Jul 15, 7:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Big Screen Classics: 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY Mon, Jul 22, 7:00 pm–9:30 pm