Invite a friend
9th Annual Suzuki Flute Workshop
Brookline Music School presents the 9th Annual Suzuki Flute Workshop on Sunday, January 20 and Monday, January 21, 2013 from 9:00am to 5:00pm at 25 Kennard Road in Brookline. This two-day workshop features a master class, group class and ensemble or reading class each day, and ends with an informal concert. Non-Suzuki flute students are welcome to join in the fun but should be familiar with some of the repertoire from the Suzuki Method.
Course Offerings: Each student will participate in 3 hours of classes daily including: A Master class with 3 or 4 students of similar age and ability; group repertoire class and either: ensemble or beginning reading class. Optional classes include Dance; Outside the Box (whistles, key clicks, harmonics and more!); Comfluter (What happens when you mix flutists with Brookline Music School's amazing music technology lab); and Jazz Improv (“It don’t mean a thing, if you ain’t got that swing!” Learn to express yourself and improvise in the jazz tradition). There is an optional pizza and ice cream sundae party on Sunday night.
Instructors: Amy Poliakoff (director), Julianne Johnston, Jennifer Laurin, PT, Kimberly Lorimier, Laurel Ann Maurer, Noelle Perrin, Norman Thibodeau (flutes), Lindsay Albert (piano), Chris Veilleux (jazz), and Tom Krusinski (dance).
Workshop tuition is $120, with additional class fees of $20. For more information about this event visit www.bmsmusic.org, call Brookline Music School at (617) 277-4593, or email Director Amy Poliakoff at email@example.com.
More About Brookline Music School
Brookline Music School was founded by the Brookline Public School in 1924 as a non-profit community center for the arts. Today, the school gives private lessons and classes for all ages. In addition to instuments, it also offers vocal instruction. There is a recital hall for student and faculty concerts, and a scholarship program for students who might otherwise be unable to take a music class. The school currently resides on the William H. Lincoln School's campus.
Other events here
- Classes & Ensembles at Brookline Music School Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 8:30 am–8:30 pm
- Music Classes at Brookline Music School Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 8:30 am–8:30 pm
- Private Music Lessons at Brookline Music School Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 9:00 am–9:00 pm
- FOLK MUSIC PROGRAMS Weekly on Mondays and Wednesdays, 1:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Yoga for Adults at Brookline Music School Weekly on Wednesdays and Thursdays, 8:30 am–9:20 am
- VOICE CLASS for 8-10 year-olds Weekly on Thursdays, 4:30 pm–5:15 pm
- Early Childhood Classes at BMS Daily, 9:30 pm–4:00 pm
- Beginner Piano at BMS Daily, 1:00 pm–6:50 pm
- Meet the Instruments! Daily, 9:00 pm–12:30 pm
- Dance at BMS Daily, 1:00 pm–2:50 pm