Week in Review: Shake Shack and Parking Meters
Shake-ups are coming to Brookline's parking meters and to the Chestnut Hill malls. Other business stories and more on Patch this week.
- We needed your help Monday, to Pick The Best Day Trip in Brookline. There are some Local Moms are bringing "Fresh Fish to You." Last weekend, 43,000 people passed through Brookline, Walking the Walk to End Hunger (and we asked for your photos). Library Trustee candidate Puja Mehta wrote in to Congratulate Kristen Uekermann on a Hard-Fought Race. Brookline Police Log included a man who didn't want Town Hall to close.
- We met, on Tuesday morning, a Brookline Teacher Keeping Kids Green, who was honored by the State House. A reminder to anyone who Has a Business in Brookline, you ought to claim your listing. The big news for foodies was that Shake Shack plans to open in Chestnut Hill Shopping Center. Brookline Arrest Log featured four kids allegedly drinking underage.
- Wednesday, we ran our Brookline Town Meeting 2012 Warrant Article Roundup. As some Brookline police officers were commended, and the Officer of the Year was named, some officers looked for and Found a Missing Payson Road Boy. President Obama made an announcement about gay marriage, and Massachusetts is among the States offering the most rights to gays. Brookline Police Log featured a speedy, allegedly drunk driver.
- Thursday we learned about Brookline's Single-Space Meter Trial set to kick off in June, and received a warning from Brookline, Boston & Cambridge Police about smartphone thefts. Because today is Mother's Day, you should Take Mom Somewhere special (and we had some ideas). Our restaurant reviewer went to Umami and found Asian inspiration in a bistro setting.
- Friday, The Brookline Parents were questioned about The Hows and the Whys. As new stores come into the area, we wondered What Businesses is Brookline Missing? Your votes picked the best Day tripping Brookline as the JFK Historic Site. There are also Two new stores to looking to set up shop in the Mall at Chestnut Hill.