Week in Review: Presidential Debate, Third Armed Robbery in Two Weeks
Brookline responds to a presidential debate, two local businesses come together. Police look into a third armed robbery new BU and a slew of car breaks.
- The week began with a look at Sagewell Imaging in Brookline, Monday morning, as well as launching our Brookline 2012 Election Guide. We also learned that Del Frisco's Grille will soon Serve Up Steaks in Chestnut Hill. Faulkner Hospital changes its name to Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital. As it is Breast Cancer Awareness month, we're starting to Think Pink with a few events in Brookline. We also wanted to know Who Makes a Difference in Brookline? We looked at last week's Armed Robbery on Boston Border in the Police Log.
- Tuesday, we looked at the Candidates Wrangle over Character and Partisanship--and we were curious as to Who Won the Senate Debate. Word on the street is thatMBTA Renovations of Boston College Station Coming. In the Arrest Log, a Reported B&E Leads to Drug Arrest. Are you curious about How Much Your Neighbors have given to Obama and Romney?
- Wednesday morning's edition of police log included a Slew of Car Breaks, and a Card-Carrying James Bond. Also, a look at this morning's Half-Marathon Coming Through Brookline This Weekend. Shannon O'Brien, who debated Romney a few years ago, called the debate a 'Make Or Break Night for Mitt Romney'. If you wanted to know where to watch the debate, our helpful guide on Presidential Debate Live Stream Oct. 3 and Debate Schedule 2012. The League of Women Voters blogged about Debate Watching 101. In our Live chat, Massachusetts Reacted to the Romney-Obama Debate Tonight.
- A Proposed NCD in The Settlement Drawing Mixed Opinions. Thursday, we were still talking the Presidential Debate, with our Patch Live Chat Recap. Local Politicos talked up their thoughts on who won Last Night's Presidential Debate. Tom Sheff blogged about his plans to Form Special Committee, to examine the Governor's Council--for which he is running. Our dental bloggers offered a Great Fall Recipe: Wild Rice Pilaf with Cranberries & Apples. BU is apparently looking to Cash In on Gangnam-Style YouTube Hit.
- Friday morning started with a business tale: Philip's TV Moving in with Village Green Renewal. A Letter to the Editor from the Fire Department, urging you to Have Two Ways Out for Fire Prevention Week. After a Grafton Boy Gets Salmonella, the Peanut Butter Recall Expands to Target and Walmart. Police investigated a Third Armed Robbery, near Boston-Brookline Border, in Two Weeks on Friday night. Brookline Police Log featured a Home Broken Into While the Woman who lived there Showers, as well as a bunch of Car Breaks.