Week in Review: Brookline High School Ranked 15, State Primaries, and Mass. at the DNC.
The town turned out to vote in primaries, the High School was rated number 15 in the Boston area, and a number of speakers from Massachusetts were at the Democratic National Convention.
- Last weekend was a long weekend, and Monday began with Five Things You Need to Know Today: the Labor Day Edition. Blogger Elizabeth Childs saw it as a Reminder of Suffrage, Civil Rights and Education.We took a poll: Should Massachusetts Allow Assisted Suicide? Foodie fans rejoiced as Developers Announce Two New Restaurants Coming to Chestnut Hill Square. TheBrookline Police Log started the week with a Razor Blade Theft and a Smashed Mirror.
- Tuesday, we started with a question of What do You Want to See Along Route 9?Deval Patrick, Joseph Kennedy and others spoke at the Democratic National Convention. In the Brookline Police Log: Shoplifters, Knives and Stalkers. Blogger and candidate Sean Bielat felt that Washington Doesn’t Get It.
- We wanted to know What Did You Think of Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick's DNC Speech? Wednesday, a Bomb Threat Received at Match School on Comm. Ave--although No Legitimate Bomb Threat was Found. Stop & Shop Recalled Mangoes on a chance of salmonella. Elizabeth Warren Spoke at the DNC that night. A few folks had an An Unexpected Houseguest, which made the Brookline Arrest Log.
- For some, Thursday was the First DayBack To School. So, we asked for your submissions to a Photo Gallery. Coincidentally, Brookline High School was ratef the Fifteenth in Boston Area. For others, it was the day of the State Primaries. We ran some details about the Jimmy Fund Walk which is passing Through Brookline today.
- Friday, we got a look at the results from the primary: Kennedy and Bielat will Face off for Fourth Congressional District Seat, and Watertown's Marilyn Devaney Wins Governor's Council Primary (despite a strong showing in Brookline for Harry Margolis). How did Brookline Vote in the Primaries? 14.6 percent turned out to vote, casting the majority of their votes for Warren, Kennedy and Margolis (full results update on the original article). We invited you to Sound off on President Obama's speech and the Democratic Convention. The week's last part of the Brookline Police Log included a Samaritan Driver Following a Hit-and-Run.