Week in Review: Meet The Candidates, Try the Food Trucks
Brookline's week in review featured some news about single-space meters, a chance to get to know the Library Trustee candidates, and some details about the food trucks.
- We learned more about Single-Space Meters retuning to (parts of) Brookline on Monday. The MBTA's commuter rail fares may be going mobile this summer (although experts say the new app leaves the MBTA vulnerable). For the Best Of poll this week, we wanted to know Which is the Finest Florist in Brookline? A break-in and some shoplifting in Brookline Police Log.
- Tuesday, we met some folks who are running for Brookline town-wide offices in 2012. We also learned that some Brookline food trucks are now running, and when and where to find them. The Brookline Arrest Log included a bachelor's party spilling out of a limo.
- News of Brookline Bank heading to Waltham cam out Wednesday. At the Selectmen's meeting the night before, the Board voted for summer Sunday hours for Brookline Libraries. We received a Letter to the Editor about the importance of the Deaf-Blind Community Access Network (DBCAN). Selectman Jesse Mermell is among the Massachusetts Democrats Elect delegates heading to the Democratic National Convention.
- Thursday, we got a letter from a candidate, Kristen Uekermann, running for for Brookline Library Trustee (and one Saturday from current Brookline Library Trustees endorsing Puja Mehta). The Brookline Booksmith picked up some travel bookshop trademarks. Our food reviewer swung by Pizzeria Dante, and found the classics, with a bit of creativity.
- Friday started with a chance to meet the candidates: Kristen Uekermann and Puja Mehta for Library Trustee (in video interviews). The Brookline parents wanted Nothing But the Tooth, and had an addictive song to help kids brush their teeth. The poll results came in: The Finest Florist in Brookline isFinesse Florist. Then, another letter to the editor, discussing issues of density and greenness.