Week in Review: Hubway Launches, Otto Expands, Perseid Shower
Brookline joins the Hubway network, Otto Pizza gets a second Brookline location, and the Perseid Meteor Shower hits.
- Monday, we asked the question (again): Will You Join the Hubway, Now That it's in Brookline? For those looking for Jobs, We Got 'Em. We invited you to Vote for Brookline's Best Mexican in Readers' Choice. Brookline Police Log contained a keyed car, a spitter and an unarmed robbery. Charlie Shapiro Invited you to a Newton BBQ Supporting his campaign For Governor's Councilor.
- A Dozen Best of Boston Awards for Town Businesses were announced on Tuesday. The Selectmen spoke with Otto Pizza, who are Heading to Commonwealth Avenue Soon. A look at Brookline Resident and Artist Rebecca Arnoldi's Part in the CURRENT Artist Talk & Exhibition. Brookline Arrest Log featured two unarmed robbery arrests and an allegedly reckless driver. Pinwheel Books' blogger was Checking In On Your Summer Reading
- Wednesday, Hubway (Officially) Launched in Brookline. The Attorney General Seeks to Fine Nstar for Failed Irene, 'Snowtober' Responses. We checked out a little of Alongside Team With a Vision's video featuring Brookline residents who are helping blind runners complete the Boston Marathon. We took a poll about whether Olympians Should Be Taxed for Winning. In Brookline Police Log, an unprovoked punch, and a robbery in Knyvet Park.
- On Thursday, we told you How to Use Patch this School Year, and a reminder about the Sales Tax Holiday Passed for this weekend--not to mention some weekend activity suggestions for the Perseid Shower Weekend. Police announced that Two Suspects Arrested related to a Knyvet Robbery Park. J.Crew, Lush, More Stores are Coming to the Mall at Chestnut Hill.
- Friday started pretty Peachy Keen, although Severe Thunderstorms were predicted for Later in the day. The 2013 US Amateur Golf Tournament is Coming to Brookline. The 2012 Perseid Meteor Shower is set to Dazzle one more time tonight. Out of curiosity, What Will You Buy During the Tax-Free Weekend?