Week In Review: April 11-15
Week of Brookline news and events, including a robbery and a missing sex offender.
- Monday got the week started by introducing Brookline's own Irish Idol and to a national champion track star. Moms Talk asked about some of your favorite local parks. Police log recounted a robbery and a traffic crash on Route 9.
- It was Safety Day on Tuesday, at Boston College. Frugal Family brought up the unlikely, but dynamic duo of dental hygiene and comic books. Arrest featured a man who borrowed his neighbor's dog. Brookline Warriors were defeated by Newton North.
- It was a busy day Wednesday, with two items of breaking news: a level-3 sex offender didn't make his court date, and a Beacon Street bank was robbed. Girls' tennis beat Milton, 4-1. The Selectmen brought up some new warrants the night before. The Mediatrician gave some tips on teens and social media, and three Brookline kids made honor roll in Weston.
- Thursday had a reminder and some tips: Taxes are due tomorrow, April 18. Viewfinder featured scenes from a Blood Drive. In sports, Warriors baseball is improving their pitching this year, and girls' lacrosse is improving but fell to Milton.
- On Friday, we had some tips on reducing your carbon footprint, and how to handle bedtime and a seder. We also shared advice on getting around town on Marathon Monday. Retiring Fire Chief Peter Skerry was honored this morning as well.
The Boston Marathon starts tomorrow, as does more Patch coverage.