Week in Review: Fourth District Debates, Superheroes and the Paul Ryan Announcement
Week in review for Brookline featuring Fourth District candidates debating, a look at some superheroes, and a vice-presidential pick for Mitt Romney. As well as a driver on the T tracks.
- According to our Snap pollon Monday, Massachusetts Republicans Say Ryan Will Energize Campaign and Massachusetts Dems Say Ryan's Budget Plans Will Hurt GOP. Ahead of the Coolidge's screening of the Big Lebowski, we wanted you to Share your Photos. Brookline Police were Looking for Possible Locker Thief. Elizabeth Childs is Putting "Camp" back into Campaigning. In Brookline Police Log, a broken dryer and a pair of girls kicking a door.
- Tuesday, we found out about a Car that got Stuck on T Tracks in Brookline, due to distractions and a GPS. We also got a glimpse at the Cloak-and-Dagger in the Paul Ryan Vice-Presidential Pick. We wanted to know, according to you who use the roads, Which Road in Brookline Most Needs Repaving?. We checked in with the Pan-Massachusetts Challenge last month. Governor's Council candidate blogged asking "Should Donations Count?" An out of control car, a pushy man, and a trespasser made up the week's Brookline Police Log.
- We started Wednesday with some Tips for Staying Safe on Campus This Fall. We also kicked off a Photo contest: How Good-Looking is Your Pet? The Fourth Congressional Candidates from both parties Squared Off at two Stonehill College Forums. There was a prediction of Strong to Severe Thunderstorms Possible Today Through Saturday. We heard there was a chance of Hour-long Waits at the MBTA's New CharlieCard Store in Downtown Crossing. Bright Horizons Early Education and Preschool Visited Ecco Pizzeria, and took some pictures. Meanwhile, Brookline Arrest Log, there were two cases of open-and-gross lewdness, and more.
- We had Awkward After-Work Drinks with The Onion on Thursday (or looked at their latest News in Brief piece in Brookline). How Was Hops and Scotch's Opening Week? Well, Boston Eater checked in and told us more. A few suggestions for those who wanted to Get Out for A Brisk Swim and some Fine Dining. Phyllis Nelder of Mount Pleasant Home Turned 100, and celebrated with the Red Sox. Finally, our Bites Nearby reviewer stopped in at Pomodoro, and found Winning Food, and Missing Manners.
- Friday morning, The Brookline Parents were pointed and exclaimed Up in the Sky! Superheroes! In Politics, we looked at Fourth District Endorsements: Where Do The candidates Stand?. For the Fourth District Dems, an NECN Debate talked Defense Spending and Candidate Qualifications. We also asked: If you had a time machine and a concert ticket, Who Would You Like to See in Concert at Fenway Park? Team with a Vision has a Teen & Family Volunteer Opportunity, and the League of Women Voters brought up Voter Registration Throughout Brookline.