These new meters in Coolidge Corner, JFK Crossing and Washington Square, mostly curbside on Beacon and Harvard Streets. Smartmeters look similar to the traditional single-head meters, but are solar-powered and accept credit or debit cards (with a Visa or MasterCard logo), PXT cards and coins--no bills.
These meters are replacing the upgraded, but still unpopular multi-space meters in those locations. The town plans to sell off the multi-space machines to recoup some of the costs of installing new meters, if the trial is a success.
If you have feedback on the meters, you can email SmartMeters@BrooklineMA.gov, or leave your thoughts in the comments.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- BU Posthumously Honors Two Students, Menino and Morgan Freeman at Commencement
- Police: Woman Stole Laptop and iPhone at Job Interview
- Home of the Week: 40 University Rd #2
- Video: Village Green Renewal Champions Local Craftsmen Collaborative
- Boston Marathon Runners Invited to Finish What They Started