Police Log: Attempted Armed Robbery
Excerpts from the dispatch log this week include an attempted armed robbery.
The following incident report is based on Brookline Police Department dispatch logs for Memorial Day Weekend: Friday, May 27, through Monday, May 30. Look for weekday incident reports each Saturday, weekend reports each Monday, and arrest logs each Tuesday on Brookline Patch. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Sunday night, before 11 p.m., a call came in about an attempted armed robbery. At the Harvard Street/Beacon Street area, allegedly a victim was struck by a black handgun, by two men. Both men were described as skinny, around 5'5" or 5'7 in height; one white male in a gray sweatshirt, one hispanic male. Suspects then fled in the direction of Auburn Street or down Harvard Street. The victim was driven to the Centre Street lot by police.
Breaking, Entering, and Larceny, Theft
- Brookline Avenue and Parkway Road reported a motor vehicle broken into at around 5 a.m. Friday morning.
- At about 10:30 a.m., Friday, 226 Cypress Street reported a breaking, entering and larceny. The detective unit was requested.
- A couple of hours later, at around 1:45 p.m., an attempted breaking and entering was reported at 226 Cypress Street, at Lighten Your Load Laundry. The two incidents may be unrelated.
- A shoplifting incident ended in a summons to court, at 1319 Beacon Street before 6 p.m. Friday.
- Sunday, before 10 a.m., 401 Harvard Street reported a breaking, entering and larceny.
- Traffic crash was reported at 6:30 p.m., at the Fisher Ave and Leicester Street intersection. Police rendered assistance.
- Vehicle crash at 256 Washington Street, at around 12 p.m. Friday. The drivers exchanged information.
- Injured person was transported to hospital after a 2 p.m. traffic crash on Boylston Street, Friday.
- Towing was required for those involved in a Beacon Street crash around the 1400 block on Friday at around 3 p.m.
- 320 Grove Street was the scene of a traffic crash after 6:30 p.m. Saturday evening, in which papers were exchanged.
- Hit and run reported outside of Trader Joe's after 9:30 p.m., by the time Police arrived, the victim had left.
- Friendly's Restaurant on Harvard Street was the scene of a fight in progress at around 5:30 p.m., people involved were sent on their way.
- A pedestrian was hit in the Carlton Street and Beacon Street area, at around 7 p.m. Friday. Police assisted with the incident.
- Four people creating a disturbance on Sunday, at around 1:30 a.m. were sent on their way from Amory Park.
- A dispute reported at 8 p.m., near Beacon Street and St. Paul Street, checked out OK. A caller says she saw a man throw a woman to the ground.