Hurricane Sandy: What's Open Today? What's Open Tomorrow in Brookline?
During yesterday's hurricane, a number of businesses, agencies and even the schools were closed. What's open today?
Today we all emerge from our homes, survey the damage, and go "was this as bad as Snowtober was last year?"
As we do that, a number of our our favorite businesses or services may be interrupted. Most state and local agencies are open, the MBTA is running, although Brookline schools are closed. Here is what we have so far:
- Schools are closed again today because of the Hurricane, says The Public Schools of Brookline website announced, but school offices will re-open at 10 a.m.
- Town offices should be open today, according to the Town website.
- The public libraries of Brookline are also open today, via an announcement on their site.
- The MBTA is running today, although there is shuttle service from Reservoir to Riverside while crews clear trees.
- State Offices Will Reopen at 10 a.m. according to the Governor last night.
Help us fill up the list. While you are out and about, let us know who is and isn't open or closed.