Five Things You Need to Know Today: September 9
Some interesting things to do today, a day which should be sunnier than the rest of the week.
- Folks up and about before 10 a.m. may see patchy fog, but otherwise, the day will be partly sunny with higs near 78ºF. The evening will be mostly clear, with lows of about 61ºF. The National Weather Service report for Brookline tells us this.
- Been holding off on washing your car until you get a coupon? Skip it and get your car cleaned for a good cause. The Allston Car Wash Fundraiser for Franciscan Hospital for Children, an annual event, will run from 8 a.m. until 7 p.m. today. Car cleaning runs $5, and there is free Dunkin Donuts coffee and goody bags, as well as a raffle, if you head into Allston, to 434 Cambridge Street.
- The Annual Cathedral Festival runs today the Greek Orthodox Cathedral of New England on Goddard Ave. The festival features music, dancing, food, and culture, as well as the cathedral itself. There will also be a boutique and an attic treasure raffle. The event kicks off at 3 p.m., it's free, and will run no matter what the weather does.
- Pop Up at The Muddy River Gallery tonight for an evening of socializing and networking, and if you're interested, smart shopping for art, accessories and more. The Muddy River Gallery is found at 320a Harvard St.
- Viewfinder yesterday had some great shots of the weekly Dance Friday, a barefoot boogie which kicks off at 8 p.m. tonight at Brookline Tai Chi. It'll run you $8, and it's a chemical free and open dancing space.