Five Things You Need to Know Today: September 7
Five things to do on a Friday.
1. The National Weather Service predicts a partly sunny day and a partly cloudy evening, with about a 20 percent chance of thunderstorms after 2 p.m. Temperatures are expected to range between 83ºF and 67ºF.
2. Order some watercolor prints of Casey the Beacon Hill Cat, and of spots in and around Brookline, Newton and Boston. The artist is taking Taking Christmas and holiday orders for the Artist's signed watercolor prints. See the artist's website for pricing.
3. Check out the new From Russia With Art Autumn exhibit when the gallery opens at 11 a.m. today (and closes at 7 p.m.), before they host a reception on Sept. 12 with the artists. Head to the Art Gallery at Center Makor, located at 1845 Commonwealth Ave in Brighton.
4. Now that school is starting up again, you may want to make your locker feel a little more like home, or cover your books creatively, or put together a bulletin board for your room. For that, Abeille hosts a Locker Decorating Class today. The class starts at 3 p.m. and will run you $30.
5. Join Temple Ohabei Shalom for their first Shabbat B'Yachad (Shabbat together) of the new year, at their Open House and Welcome Back Shabbat, which kicks off tonight at 5:45 p.m. They are offering a dinner at 6:15, and are asking $14 to cover it--and ask that you RSVP online, or over the phone at 617-277-6610.