Five Things You Need to Know Today: September 5
NFL Opener broadcast tonight, a local journalist-turned writer comes to town, and a way to say goodbye to your pets. Five Things for Brookline today.
1. The National Weather Service has issued a Hazardous Weather Outlook for today, warning of possible flooding and heavy rains today. They are calling for a 90 percent chance ofheavy rain today, which will back off into a 40 percent chance of evening showers, or otherwise a mostly cloudy night. Highs around 79ºF and lows around 66ºF.
2. As you may recall, one of Brookline's own, Selectman Jesse Mermell, is among those at the Democratic National Convention. Before heading off, she e-mailed Patch to let us know about a blog she is writing with Boston City Councilor Ayanna Pressley about their experience. See the blog here: http://ayannajesse.wordpress.com/
3. WEEI radio DJ Mikey Adams is Broadcasting the NFL opener live from Dave & Buster’s (at 250 Granite St in Braintree). If you want to join them, stop in any time between 6 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., and watch the opening game.
4. Meet "The Other Woman," through author Hank Phillippi Ryan's latest work which follows a disgraced journalist whose investigation into a politican somehow overlaps with a series of Boston murders--if you want to know more, stop by Brookline Booksmith at 7 p.m.
5. If you have recently lost a four-footed and furry friend--or scaly with four or fewer feet--there is a Pet Loss Healing Circles at First Parish In Brookline. Support others who have recently lost a pet, or get some support at 7 p.m. tonight.