Five Things You Need to Know Today: September 20
Brookline's five things today, one of which is a live chat! Also a tasty dinner, and gods like us.
1. Clear, and starting to cool off toward fall. The National Weather Service is predicting highs of 64ºF and lows of 51ºF on a sunny day, and a partly cloudy evenings.
2. Pick up some fresh foods at the Brookline Farmer's Market, which is back today at 1:30 p.m. until dusk, at the Centre Street parking lot in Coolidge Corner. If you make a particularly tasty recipe, share it with us in the Announcements section, or start a blog!
3. The world of film has shifted drasticly from the days of Charlie Chaplin, through those of Audrey Hepburn, to today. Through them, Boston Globe film critic Ty Burr has seen enough to fill a book. Such as "Gods Like Us: On Movie Stardom and Modern Fame." He's speaking at the Coolidge Corner Theatre tonight, 6 p.m., and for free.
4. Lineage is bringing Oregon wine back to Brookline for the 2nd Annual Elk Cove Vineyards Dinner. The $75 meal will pair some of Elk Cove's wines with some of Lineage's fine feasts. See the menu here, and be sure to call ahead and RSVP: 617-232-0065.
5. In case you haven't heard yet, we will get some answers about the College Application Essay tonight, during the Brookline Patch Live Chat with Sarah McGinty. If you have questions, leave them on the Live Chat page. It starts at 6 p.m. tonight, right here: http://patch.com/A-xSXL