Five Things You Need to Know Today: September 2
If you're still alive today after the September 1 move-in yesterday, here are a few things worth checking out.
- The National Weather Service report for Brookline promises another sunny and clear day, much like yesterday, with 73ºF highs. The evening will be mostly clear, with temperatures cooling down to 58ºF lows.
- Have you found your SoleMate? If nor, the SoleMates Walking Group is meeting at 10 a.m. It is the Brookline Senior Center's regular walking group, which meets at 10 a.m. on Fridays. Join in, and make this a regular, healthy tradition.
- Teacher, violinist and author, Marc Widershien is a regular renaissaince man. He will be at EPOCH Senior Healthcare of Chestnut Hill, today, at about 2:30 p.m. to perform and talk. It's a free show, but you
- You may recall a local acting class for kids called Stage Soup. Well, they're back with a performance of Alice in Wonderland. At 5 p.m., stop by Yoga in the Village and check out the well-known and well-loved tale of Alice, as she tumbles into the rabbit hole and into a wonderful and weird world.
- Yes, that is a young Sean Penn in Coolidge Corner Theatre's @fter Midnite flick tonight: "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" It's running tonight and tomorrow night at 11:59 p.m. Director Amy Heckerling, known for "Clueless," and first-time Screenwriter Cameron Crowe, of "Almost Famous" fame, bring this classic to life.