Five Things You Need to Know Today: September 13
Take a deep breath, make some pottery, and go for a nice, long walk.
1. If you didn't like the weather in Brookline yesterday, you're out of luck. It's more of the same today: Clear and sunny, high of 81ºF, low of 60ºF, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Learn how to use the pottery wheel, and how to hand-build ceramics of all kinds when you stop by Feet of Clay Pottery today for their Handbuilding for Seniors 65+, 9 a.m. The course will set you back by $150.
3. Get your walking shoes out for one last summertime walk, the Brookline GreenSpace Alliance Riverway Park Walking Tour. Did you know the Muddy River is part of the stormwater management system? How is your Olmsted knowledge? Head down to Riverway Park at 5:30 p.m. to bone up on those questions. It's free, but please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 277-4777
4. Did you already pick up tickets to see Gretchen Rubin tonight? "Happier at Home," and she, is at Coolidge Corner Theatre, tonight, talking about her year on the search for happiness at 6 p.m. Tickets will run you $5.
5. Take a deep breath. Learning a little about meditation may help you keep a lid on things when you feel yourself about to flip out. Tonight at 7 Revere St in Jamaica Plain, a Buddhist Meditation Class entitled "Anger Solves Nothing." This course, taught by Buddhist Monk Kelsang Powa. Course starts at 7 p.m., and runs $10.