Five Things You Need to Know Today: September 10
Five Things today in Brookline, many of which will excite art lovers.
1. Partly sunny, high of 72ºF, and then a clear evening with a low around 50ºF. In a nutshell, that's what the National Weather Service expects today to be like.
2. With the school year starting up, and political campaigns kicking off, Patch wants to give you a space to talk about what's happening. Blogging, for example, is one way to do just that--and we'll help you promote that blog. Email editor Grahame Turner for more information.
3. A whole slew of new Art Classes are starting soon for children, teens and adults. Want to get in? register now. Check out the classes on the Brookline Arts Center at their website, and then call them at 617-566-5715 to register!
4. For the musicians out there, All Saints Parish is hosting Brookline Symphony Auditions, starting at 12 p.m. The orchestra is a volunteer group, with no designated principal instruments. If you can't make it to an audition today, you can arrange one with them through their website.
5. Practice makes perfect, and during the Puppet Shorts Class at Puppet Showplace Theatre, you'll practice by writing and performing six different shorts of your own in a number of styles. Want to participate? Head over at 6:30 p.m., and expect to pay $150 for the course.