Five Things You Need to Know Today: October 21
Are you feeling competitive? There are a few competitions happening today in and around Brookline.
- National Weather Service reports that Brookline, should be mostly sunny and partly cloudy today and tonight (respectively). Temperatures at 63ºF highs and 45ºF lows. Could see some wind gusts up to 28 mph.
- Swtich up your lunch today with the Chamber. Brookline Chamber of Commerce Lunch Group is meeting today at Robert T. Lynch Municipal Golf Course, at noon for some networking. Bring your card and your appetite. You buy your lunch, they'll supply the company.
- If you're still looking for a mouthwatering way to get your baking skills honed? How about entering the 2nd Annual Coolidge Corner Pie Contest? The competition starts tomorrow at 6 p.m., at host MJ Ready International Bistro, but the entry deadline for pies was extended to 9 p.m. tonight. Contact Jim Brown for more.
- Wondered why the rum is always gone? It's hanging out with the local rock station WAAF, who is hosting a Sailor Jerry Art Competition Party. Aspiring tatoo artists should submit their best samples for the chance to win a trip to Tattoo La Polooza. 10 p.m. tonight at Regeneration Tattoo, 155 Harvard Ave over in Allston.
- @fter Midnite tonight, The Coolidge gets creepy. They've got a classic from the Master of Horror: Stephen King's "Pet Sematary" is playing tonight at 11:59 p.m. If you're looking for something a little campier, try the unofficial sequel to "Dawn of the Dead," simply called "Zombie" ("Zombie Flesh Eaters" in the UK). Tickets to both shows are $9.
Don't forget to get started on your halloween costumes, and enter them to win a chance to meet Heidi Klum!