Five Things You Need to Know Today: October 17
Today is the last day to register to vote. That and more of interest in Brookline today.
1. The National Weather Service tells us that today, we will have a sunny day with highs in the 60s, leading to a partly cloudy evening with lows in the mid-40s.
2. If you have not registered to vote yet, today is the last day. Head to the Town Clerk's office on the first floor of Town Hall to find out more, and to get the deed done. If you put it off until tomorrow, you won't be able to register anymore--and you won't be able to vote!
3. 5 p.m. tonight at the Chabad Chai Center, they are kicking off their BMX- Bar Mitzvah Club. As boys get ready to become young men, this class will help them get ready. They are charging $50 for it.
4. Want to know what goes into making briolette earrings? Well, there's one place you can find out: the Wire Working, Wrapped Briolette Earrings or Necklace class at Abeille, tonight 6:30 p.m. The class runs $40, and they are asking that you register on their website ahead of time.
5. Writer Scott Hutchins has merely "A Working Theory of Love," or, his character does in his literary debut--after his young marriage implodes and he moves to New York to pick up the pieces with the help of a sentient computer and his father's journals. He'll be talking up his book tonight at the Brookline Booksmith at 7 p.m. tonight.