Five Things You Need to Know Today: November 8
It's a new day in Brookline: fix some old clothes, make yourself a new bag, and take care of yourself.
- A warmer day than yesterday: 69ºF highs and mostly cloudy, leading into an evening of partly cloudy 45ºF lows. So says the National Weather Service report for Brookline.
- We're a week away from the Special Town Meeting, which is next Tuesday. If you haven't already looked at the upcoming warrant articles, peruse our roundup. Leave comments, let us know which ones have your vote.
- Would you like to sew your own tote bag? All you really need is 1/3 of a yard each of an outer and a liner fabric, some matching thread, ribbon, $40 and a way to get to Abeille at 6 p.m. tonight. They'll walk you through the process to turn your fabric into a great way to carry all your stuff.
- If some of your clothes aren't quite fitting right, perhaps looking a little tired, you need to make a few alterations that flatter. Fortunately, at 6:30 p.m., you can swing by the High School for a class to help you with just that. It will set you back $122, but bring any of your clothes and you'll get all the information you need to make all your alterations.
- Goddard House in Brookline Assisted Living will be offering their Caregiver Support Group. This starts off at 7 p.m. and is a regular, monthly meeting. The group is run by Barbara Moscowitz, a Massachusetts General Hospital Geriatric Social Worker.